Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Riding with a REAL biker!


Note: real jersey, real shorts with the pad in them so your bum doesn't want to fall off after and a very real bike- really close to the one lance rode in the tour de france. one day I will be real- until then... I just keep riding.



Wow! I learned so much in one ride I can hardly stand it! Drew is one of my most favorite people on this earth. He is so fun and genuine and is so comfortable in his own skin that it makes everyone around him more true to themselves. He is a REAL biker. He was even on scholarship in Kentucky for awhile for biking. Although his days of 25-30 hr biking time a week is over he can still kick it hard! I was so greatful for his kind patience with the new beginner (aka- SLOW) girl. He challenged me and I went most of the way up south fork... lot of hill climbs!!!! I will get faster and stronger- everybody has to start somewhere huh? I learned more about cadence, heart rate zones, training, drafting, how to get my chain back on when it falls off(so glad he was there- that would've been a long 14 miles back home carrying a bike!)and how to take off my front tire. I rely needed all that great advice and "the basics" not to mention my favorite part- the company! He wants me to do alpine loop with him- I very afraid and not sure that I'm ready yet but one day I will be and you bet you'll get a blog on that if I make it home alive. Thanks for a great ride bud!