Tuesday, September 30, 2008

girding up my loins....


So I've always wanted to do a marathon but have never really gotten skinny enough to really train so I've done my 10 k's and been a happy camper. But this summer I've done some pretty incredible things for a fat person.... hiked Mt. Timp, did a 50 mile bike ride and have worked out for several hours several times a week but that is no Marathon (26.2 miles)!!! There is an extra tag- so I'm just going to do it. There is no time to train when it is 4 days away so it should be real adventure. I'm actually really excited. I'll probably cross the line right after the 80-90 year old who are also in the not so skinny category but I figure when I finish I can say I did a Marathon... how many of you can say that? So here I come St. George, watch out!




I also had great interviews today with a really exciting interview scheduled tomorrow- pray HARD!!!! It's at 5 pm at Close to my Heart (it's a scrapbook company looking for a event manager- my dream job!) I also will be at the job fair at BYU all day tomorrow- the recruiters will love me:) One day I will have a job. Hopefully soon.


Kelli Schwartz West is the WOMAN! She ran so far today - further then she has run in a long time, maybe ever. She is such a trooper to go with me in the early morning in the dark. Did I mention she is probably the bestest friend anyone could ever have- she lets me go to job fairs and interviews while she is left all by herself to hoards of people who all love her, her wraps and smoothies... Love you woman!!!

8 comments:

Amy said...

What are you CRAZY?!?! I mean that in the best way you know. :)

I'm so happy for you doing a marathon, you'll rock it - untrained and all!

Gene and Sheri Family said...

You GO girl! You CAN do it!! And I'll be praying for you to get a job that you will love!! :)

Jamie and Julie said...

I hope you hang with your mom on the run in St. George. Good luck with your job interview.

Shellee said...

Megan you are so funny. I agree with the second comment. You GO Girl your amazing!!

Shellee said...

Hey Megan
We went private on our blog so if you want me to send you an invite just email me your email. Mine is shelleeschwartz@yahoo.com.

Jason & Kelli West said...

Meg, YOU are such a sweetheart! Thanks for the nice shout out! I only ran that much because you are so good at encouraging me! Thanks for your help. I will miss you at the press!

Megan said...

Hey Meg! I happened upon your blog and wanted to say HI! It's been such a long time... You are such a brave woman! I have never desired to run a marathon. I think you people are crazy!! But I definitely admire you. And you are looking so beautiful! And I can't believe Michael's already home! Okay, I guess this comment is long enough. We also have a blog if you ever want to take a peek: rinkefamily.blogspot.com. Have a wonderful day!

vie said...

You go girl! Make sure they mark my name down when you cross the finish line so that I can say I've done one too... Ba ha ha! I love cheating. :) and I LOVE you! Wish I could be there to cheer you two on!