Saturday, May 8, 2010

I love you Mom!





Happy Mothers Day Mom!

I’m speaking in church tomorrow and this is a little preview. The bottom paragraph is one of my favorite memories of my mom from when I was younger.

A friend described coming to house saying “love oozes out the windows.” I come from a fun spontaneous woman who has a love for journal writing, dreaming big, baby anything, gardening, watching 2 movies in a row, pools and hot tubs, good food, running, her children, the gospel and her Savior. She’s a licensed genealogist, a real estate agent, a best friend, an incredible wife, daughter, granddaughter, sister and most importantly for me my mom.

I remember one day when I was about 11 I was making cookies to take to an activity days. My brothers kept snitching out of the bowl and I was getting frustrated and called out for my mom to come save me so I didn’t have to make another batch. What did she do? She came in and started snitching right along with them giggling while she did it! When I started to get even further frustrated I grabbed the bowl and hovered over it for protection. She grabbed the bowl right out of my hands and headed for the door and started running down our street. I chased her around the entire block both of us giggling the entire way, her taking bites as she ran. My brothers stood in our front lawn cheering in full approval. I eventually got what was left of the cookie dough back.

2 comments:

Gene and Sheri Family said...

she's an AMAZING Aunt too!

Dane Adam said...

I'm afraid I have a list of things I've left unsaid:
1. I think you're a dynamic public speaker.
2. I loved your talk (I am a firm believer in entertaining Sacrament Meeting talks and yours was a lot of fun).
3. You definitely take after your mother in the making everyone feel important category. Don't even get me started on the Dane lunch we had that one Sunday for my birthday. One the best meals of my adult life.
You're a diamond and I'm going to keep you.