Friday, August 19, 2011

rejection

I didn't get the other job I really, REALLY, really wanted.

This is the response I got:

It was very nice to meet with you yesterday and discuss the _____ opportunity at ____. I was extremely impressed with your personality and qualifications. I think that you would do a great job in this position. It was extremely difficult to make a decision between you and one of the other candidates. Unfortunately, we have decided to offer this position to a candidate that has been involved with _____ for four years as a volunteer trip leader.

I wish I had another position to offer you but I will keep your resume on file and should another position become available I will contact you.

SO now what? I feel so discouraged and don't know where to look. I would really like to be able to pay my bills and move back into my condo. As for the last few hours I feel like a failure at life.

The funny thing is I know I'm not a failure. I know that there is probably because a better path, one that will be better for me and that I will love more. I would sure appreciate it presenting itself.... soon. Maybe even tonight? Why Yes I do like control. So universe here is what I want:

- A company that I believe in what they are doing
- Something that I love: work with teenagers, travel, events, or training
- It supports me generously and allows me to save for the future

I'd really appreciate feeling like I'm in control of something and a job.

1 comments:

Julie and Adam said...

I love you so much! I know exactly how you are feeling! Well, maybe not exactly. I haven't even made the interview cut. Keep your chin up and keep trying!