Sunday, February 17, 2008

Day of Love

Preston
Katie
our cute tables
Emily, Burkley, Sarah
Mark and Skyler

Man we had a blast! We ended up with with about 30ish people. We stole some tables and chairs from the church so everyone could have a seat. Chelsea made this AMAZING salad with a blackberry vinagerette- my new favorite thing to put in my mouth! We had crayons on the table that started a flirting war among everyone. people would write something then draw an arrow on who they wanted the message to go. My favorite was "fax me" thank you Skyler! We decided to just do people from the ward.... that was so fun because everyone recognized each other at leased but we got to know a few people a lot better! Skyler was his sister's wedding planner and that story all won are hearts that night- we were all laughing so hard some of us were crying. I think throwing a large party on valentine's day was the best thing this girl ever could do. It gives all of us single people something fun to look forward too. My favorite part was that everyone stayed after dinner- so much happiness chatting and just loving each others company. Who needs games? I think games were invented for boarding people that can't make good conversation. There is nothing I love more then good food and great conversation!


Our ward also did a fun thing that day I hope to make tradition. They planned a temple trip so I got to do baptisms in the middle of the day. There is no better way to feel loved! I was leaving the temple and my roommate Emily walked in- so fun to see her there! Sure love that woman!

So, Valentine's day was a huge success!

0 comments: