Thursday, November 5, 2009

ugly, UGLY Lies

On Sunday I went to chruch and the woman teaching although she had great intentions left many of us feeling yucky. Feelings of inadequacy, unworthiness and hopeless were felt as the tag line of the lesson was " it's all about presentation" ( aka- are you hot? if not no wonder you are single & you don't have a chance!)

Luckily we know better. Elder Jeffrey R Holland in his talk "To The Young Women" said,

"A woman not of our faith once wrote something to the effect that in her years of working with beautiful women she had seen several things they all had in common, and not one of them had anything to do with sizes and shapes. She said the loveliest women she had known had a glow of health, a warm personality, a love of learning, stability of character, and integrity. If we may add the sweet and gentle Spirit of the Lord carried by such a woman, then this describes the loveliness of women in any age or time, every element of which is emphasized in and attainable through the blessings of the gospel of Jesus Christ."
http://www.lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,89-1-559-9,00.html

As someone who didn't get to pick her shape and metabolism I do get to pick who I am as a person. I choose to be a happy beautiful woman and not let satan, the world and media tell me the ugly lies that can so easily creep in.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen Sister! And you are BEAUTIFUL!!! I love you!

Brooke Hill said...

Wow that is crazy!! But you are right, we all know better. We are as good as we want to be. We are great and beautiful and amazing! Love you girl, more than words can say!!!! :D

Don Harris said...

I love you Meg! You are beautiful and wonderful and I'm happy and proud to be your dad. I LOVE how you immediately remembered and quoted one of Christ's apostles to set things straight and right.

Gene and Sheri Family said...

I for ONE have ALWAYS thought you were beautiful....and I agree with you about the UGLY lies!!